Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

3 flowers, 2 butterflies, and 1 bird CARDS Magazine Challenge

Running: Seeing as the St. Patrick's Day 8K is in approximately 3 months, I thought it'd be a good idea to get my legs in gear. My last run was in September, which is horrible to say, but after that race, I thought I just needed a break from running. I wasn't really feeling it. But nothing motivates you like a little pressure, right? I downloaded the iMapMyRun+ app onto my iPhone and went for a run. The feature that I like most about it is the voice feedback, where it'll tell you at a certain interval what your running stats are (I set it for every 0.5 miles). I had thought about getting a Garmin watch a few months ago, but I'm glad that I didn't because this app does what I need for $1.99. I felt surprisingly pretty good after the run. I wasn't sure that I would because of the hiatus, but I guess I found my running legs faster than I thought.

Food: I cooked up some falafel for lunch today. Yum yum. I think this counts as Recipe #1 (out of 25) for my New Year's Resolutions. I followed this recipe (minus the cilantro). I like the little kick the cayenne pepper gives. I was happy to see that 2 cans of chick peas produces quite a few patties. I buried the falafel patty in a pita pocket under some romaine lettuce and a drizzle of thousand island dressing.

Etsy: I got my first order of Valentine's Day off of my Etsy store. I love this time of year! Valentine's Day is definitely my season.
Card: I decided partake in this week's CARDS Magazine challenge: making a card that has 3 flowers, 2 butterflies, and 1 bird. My first thought was to make a Christmas tree out of these elements, but since the holiday season has passed, I make a cupcake instead.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Warm Red, Prussian Blue, Yellow Ochre. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire.
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), Fiskars- Friendship Garden (flower), Inkadinkado- Nature (butterfly), Inkadinkado (bird)

0 comments :

Post a Comment